12.26.2011

Introducing...

Anna Katherine Candler



Our first family picture of three on Dec 13, 2011.


Thanks to Aunt Lisa for the cute door hanger, lots of compliments from the nurses :)


Anna Katherine and Mom


Proud new Daddy


All packed and ready to head home from the hospital.


One of our favorites.


About 2 AM Monday night (as I'm writing this it would be 2 weeks ago tonight) Anna Katherine decided to make her appearance about 3 weeks early.  Were we prepared?  Not really.  Surprised?  Very much.  Excited? Yep.  Nervous?  Like you wouldn't believe.  That Sunday and Monday I had apparently been nesting and had no idea.  I even told Mollie that these Braxton Hicks contractions were getting to be ridiculous - ha, not Braxton Hicks... oops!  When my water broke, I thought surely not and it literally took me about 15 minutes to realize we were really going to have a baby by the end of the next day.  Wow, our has life changed and we love it - every single minute of it, even the sleep deprivation.  She is so perfect and we are learning lots and lots about her every day.  Each time I look at her, I think "goodness, you're big and you're supposed to still be inside my belly until Jan 9!!"  She would have been a big baby and I would have been an uncomfortable, exhausted Mommy.  I'm so glad to have my skinny feet back, along with the best Christmas present ever.  Welcome to the world, Anna Katherine! :)


2 comments: