2.13.2011

a "sort of" snow day

Last Wednesday night snow was in the forecast for Alabaster.  Did I think we would actually get snow?  no.  So far, we have yet to get any in Alabaster while Tommy and I have both been here.  Apparently, it snowed Christmas while we were in Monroeville (naturally, that would be the case!).  Well, it finally snowed Wednesday night, so exciting.  I'm watching the flakes fall, all the while thinking that work would at LEAST be delayed on Thursday or possibly cancelled.  How fun?!?  A snow day to stay home and actually play in the snow.  Not so fast... my mind got way ahead of me and low and behold we had to be at work first thing the next morning.  Are you kidding me??  It's snowing in Alabama for goodness sakes!!  Even the school buses ran.  Apparently, since we have had so much icy/wintry mix lately we have decided that we are capable of not shutting everything down for a little white blanket.  I did convince Tommy to take a few pictures early Thursday morning before we headed out.  (I was afraid it would all be gone by the time we got home)




This picture doesn't do the backyard trees justice, they were so pretty!  It was like a little winter wonderland.  The last time it snowed we were in the process of moving in and Tommy wasn't here.  That was nearly 2 years ago, whoa time flies.  Here are some of those pictures :)




Pitiful little snowman... it had probably been 5 years or so since I had even seen snow.  It's been fun but I think I'm ready for a little warmer weather!

P.S.  I meant to add in the last post that I'm taking suggestions for Maxima names.  I haven't come up a good name yet, Tommy has lots of terrible suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment