10.20.2011

Another photo challenge - Day 1

This is another 30 day photo challenge.  Things are a little busier around here this time around but I'm going to do my best to keep up!

Day 1 - Open Door



There's alot of curiousity about what I do and how I deal with the radiation.  When I worked in x-ray, before I graduated in Radiation Therapy, I got a decent amount of radiation.  You have to hold children for their films, stand in surgery to take images and run all over the hospital taking portable chest x-rays.  The good thing is there are lead aprons that can be worn to shield the highly sensitive areas of the body because the energy of the radiation is very low.  In Radiation Therapy the energy is very, very high and no apron could shield us from that but we don't ever have to be in the room - yay!  So even though the radiation is much higher my dose is pretty much nothing, we stand outside the room with this 2 ton (i think someone told me 2 tons one time) door that we close with a button while the patient gets treatment.  There's my open door!  Questions, anyone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment